Rules & Regulations
BMJ Awards South Asia 2018 are/will be referred to as the “Awards”
An individual that sends in an application to participate in the Awards as per these rules
Individuals/panels/employees of BMJ India responsible for the conduct of the “Awards”
Individuals appointed by Awards Management to evaluate the applications
2. Objective of the Awards
After the success of BMJ Awards South Asia in 2017, we are pleased to announce the fifth edition of the Awards in 2018. In 2017, doctors across South Asia participated in the fourth edition of BMJ Awards, which culminated in an Awards ceremony on 18th November 2017. More than 2000 high-quality nominations were received for the Awards and these were shortlisted to 30 nominations across the 10 categories. Winners were presented with a trophy and certificate amongst 300 of South Asia’s most senior healthcare professionals, industry executives, government officials, academicians, and researchers. In 2017, the Chief Guest of the function was Shri Ashwini Kumar Choubey, Hon’ble Minister of State for Health & Family Welfare. In 2018, we seek to recognize excellence in healthcare in South Asia once again by felicitating individuals, teams and groups that have demonstrated exemplary commitment to the practice of medicine. We invite nominations from doctors and their teams in ten categories. The nominees/applicants will file their nomination in a two-phase nomination process and the Awards will culminate in a ceremony to honour winners on Saturday, December 01, 2018 at Chennai. The winners will receive a trophy and a certificate presented on stage by senior healthcare dignitaries.
3. Award categories and definitions
The Award categories and the parameters for evaluation may be changed / modified / split / merged / increased or cancelled by the Awards Management and / or Jury based on the number of entries received in any category, and the quality of the entries. The decision in this regard will be final and non-contestable. The Awards management will not entertain any queries in this regard.
4. Call for entries, nomination & participation
The call for entries for the Awards will be announced on the BMJ Awards South Asia website.
The Awards Management and / or Jury have the right to reject any nomination in any Award category if false/misleading information is found to have been submitted in the nomination process.
Nominees/applicants can apply for or be nominated in more than one Award categories, subject to maximum of two categories and to fulfilment of rules and regulations mentioned herein.
A nominee/applicant can submit more than one entry in an Award category if the entries are for different initiatives. A new nomination form must be submitted for each initiative.
If separate application forms are received for the same initiative, from different individuals / organizations, such entries will be treated as one entry.
The Awards Management has the right to reorganize/reclassify application forms from one category to another, at its discretion.
5. Eligibility Criteria
- The Awards are open for residents of South Asia only [India, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Maldives, Myanmar, Afghanistan].
- Only individuals and teams can participate.
- The initiative / project should have been implemented in the period mentioned in the Award category qualifying description.
- The Awards Management may modify the eligibility criteria in best interests of the Awards.
- The Awards Management holds the right to disqualify any application which does not meet the eligibility criteria without assigning any reason whatsoever.
6. Receipt of entries
Participation in the Awards in any manner will be construed as an acceptance to the Rules and Regulations stated herein.
An applicant can apply for the Awards by submitting the completed nomination/application form in the following manner:
In the nomination form, fill in the following details about yourself
- Title of the project
- Name of the submitter
- Additional members (optional)
- Add more members
- Email address
- ISD Code: Enter your 10 digit mobile number
- STD Code: Please enter your landline number
- Institution / Affiliation.
- Select category
- Answer questions
- Unique ID number (UID) will be used to track your nomination. Keep this number handy when you need any information on the status of your nomination.
The first phase of the nomination process will close on midnight Sunday, August 19, 2018 and the second phase will close on on midnight Friday, October 05, 2018. In the second phase, the applicant/nominee will be ask to submit more details and supporting evidence of his/her work.
Awards Management may not consider / be responsible/ held liable for application forms which are in incorrect format / without declaration / received late / corrupt etc
7. Screening of received nomination/application forms
Awards Management will appoint experienced personnel to screen application forms to ensure adherence to the eligibility criteria and rule and regulations.
8. Completeness of entries/disqualification
- Entry forms must be filled in English only
- Nomination/application forms that are received incomplete in any manner may be disqualified by the Awards Management.
- Applications may be disqualified if they do not follow any of the rules & regulations stated here-in.
- Disqualification of entries received is at the sole discretion of Awards Management, on a case by case basis.
9. Application Information
- If at any time, any information provided by any applicant/nominee is found to be false/misleading/incorrect in any manner, then the applicant/nominee will not be permitted to continue participation in the Awards.
- Determination of whether the information is incorrect or not rests with Awards Management & BMJ.
- The Awards Management has the right to ask for proof of information provided / audit the information provided in the nomination/application form. If such a request is made and the applicant/nominee does not comply, the applicant/nominee could be disqualified from participation at the Awards.
10. Short-listing in each award category
- At the end of Phase 1, nomination/application forms received would be collated under each award category for evaluation by personnel appointed by Awards Management.
- Determination of the Award category to which an application belongs is at the discretion of Awards Management. Awards Management reserves the right to make the final judgement in case of any ambiguity in Rules and Regulations / disputes over suitability.
- At the end of Phase I, there will be a selection of few nominees per Award category based on predefined evaluation parameters who will qualify for the final round.
11. Verification of the information provided in the Application/Nomination Form
- The Awards Management will contact the applicant/nominee, if required, for any clarifications needed regarding the information provided in the application/nomination form and to conduct a verification of information submitted.
- The Awards Management will make the best efforts possible to contact the applicants/nominee, but shall not be responsible if the person does not participate in or does not agree to the conduct of the verification, or are not contactable.
- In the event that it is not possible to conduct a verification of the applicant/nominee for any reason beyond its control, Awards Management may, at its discretion, disqualify the applicant/nominee or continue in such other manner as deemed fit.
12. Determination of Winners
- The Final Jury will score / rank the Nominees based on the nomination/application form submitted by them and a presentation made by the nominee.
- There could be one or more winners in each award category, at the discretion of the jury.
- The determination of who should receive an award for any Award category rests with the jury.
- The Jury’s decision is final and binding on all nominees.
- The Jury may also decide, in order to adhere to the standards of the awards, that there could be no Winner in a particular category.
- Applicants/nominees understand and agree that merely by applying for these Awards does not entitle the applicant/nominee to any other form of consideration.
- Decision of Awards Management on all matters is final and binding on all applicants/nominees and no correspondence will be entertained on the same.
- Nominees and winners permit free of cost the use of their name and factual information about their application and entry(s) in the public media (for the build-up to the Awards, during the Awards ceremony, etc) and do not have any right to any revenues earned through intellectual property rights generated by the Awards, if any.
- Applicants/nominees & winners permit BMJ to use the information provided by them in the application form(s) for promotional features about the Awards.
- Additions, deletions and / or modifications to these Rules and Regulations are at the discretion of the Awards Management and the Awards Management may make such additions / deletions and / or modifications, at any time.
- Costs of participation (travel and stay) in the Awards will be borne by BMJ India for the finalists (one member only) and unless specifically conveyed in writing to the applicant, should not be construed otherwise. For finalists located in Chennai, the Awards Management would be happy to extend to and fro transportation arrangement from their residence to the Awards venue on December 01 [Awards Night]. For guests travelling from outside Chennai, travel and stay arrangements would be borne (for one member only) from November 30 (check –in) to December 02 (check –out) based on the availability of flights.
- The Awards Management reserves the right to withdraw or amend the terms of the Awards at any time, and does not take the responsibility for any loss or damage that any person / organization / Applicant / Nominee may suffer as a result of the Awards being withdrawn or its terms amended.
- The filing of the nomination form by the nominees/applicants would signify their acceptance of these Rules and Regulations.
- If Applicants are unclear as to the rules or any element of the Awards or experience difficulties of any kind, they can write in their questions, problems or queries to the following address:
BMJ, 6th Floor, Mindmill Corporate Tower,
24 A Film City, Noida, 201301